People management participants will gain the following significant benefits:
- Improved self-confidence
- Improved ability to understand how motivation works
- Better communication skills
- Stronger and more cohesive team
The People Management course is recommended for:
- Any manager wanting development on interactions with employees
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Know when to choose the appropriate leadership style
- Apply transactional, transformation and servant Leadership
- Understand the needs of employees
- Create personal and organizational loyalty
Overview of leadership styles
When do I do which? Shouldn’t I always be me?
- Identifying different situations and what leadership style works best
- You’re always you, but your employees are always them
I pay them, isn’t that enough?
- Getting to know your employees
- Understanding intrinsic and extrinsic motivators
- Rewarding performance on a personal level
Basics of earning loyalty
- Earning loyalty to your organization
- Earning loyalty to you as a manager
- What loyalty means to the success of your business
Thomas J. Carnahan, PhD
Thomas is a Human Resources and Hospitality expert. He has 15 years of industry experience in the public and private sector working with government and service organizations; specifically the US Department of Defense, various public safety departments in the United States, a multitude of hotels/restaurants and globally with FedEx Express. His projects and research are mostly related to the employee life cycle (recruitment, selection and retention). He is the former Chief Science Officer of Nfoshare (an employee engagement company) and HR Business Strategist to the Vice President of Human Resources at FedEx Express. His work has received three Federal Department of Defense awards for excellence as well as a multitude of individual and team awards at FedEx Express.
Currently, Dr. Carnahan is a Professor of Business and Statistics at American University of Phnom Penh. His doctoral dissertation focused on developing a new statistic for determining interrater reliability for structured interviews and his master’s thesis focused on how participant self-selection is influenced by both the participants’ personality and the wording of the recruitment advertisement. He is originally from the United States but currently calls Phnom Penh home. If you take a class with Dr. Carnahan, be prepared to laugh; because, as a former stand-up comedian, he strongly believes that laughter is the best way to engage an audience!
You can also contact us at:
Phone: 023 990 023