The Developing a Cutting Edge Operations Strategy course participants will gain the following significant benefits:
- Quality improvement
- Reduced support cost
- Reduced time-to-market
- Improved communications along the supply chain
- Less wasted logistic process times
The Developing a Cutting Edge Operations Strategy course is recommended for:
- Business managers
- Emerging leaders
This seminar is intended to develop the core operations management skills and competencies. The core competencies include operations knowledge, planning, control, problem-solving and communication. Existing managers with at least two years’ experience will benefit from this seminar.
Upon completing the Developing a Cutting Edge Operations Strategy course, you will be able to:
- Have a 360 degree view of the operations management functions
- Identify potential management blind spots and improvement areas
- Offer experiential analysis of the challenges of COOs and Operations Managers
- Describe the functions and practices of production and Operation Managers
- Review the supply chain management, the research and development (R&D), the manufacturing, the project management and the quality management
- Share insights on how to develop strategies, initiatives and programs to introduce and sustain competitive operations in organizations
- Highlight the best practices, tools and models to develop and implement an effective operations management system
Day 1: Monitoring Project Deliverables and Controlling Projects
- Operations Management Model
- Operations Management Strategy for Competitiveness
- Operations Planning Decisions
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- New Product Development (NPD + R&D)
- Production or Manufacturing Management (MM)
- Operations Management Best Practices Case studies
Day 2: Quality Management Best Practices
- Six Sigma data driven approach
- Lean manufacturing, inventory, warehouse and logistics
- Just in Time (JIT) production
- Value Stream Mapping strategies
- Kanban Systems
Day 3: Building and Management LEAN operations
- Decision areas: cost, quality, time, space, logistics, flexibility
- Production Management: Innovation management, research and development (R&D), methods of production, cost of production, breakeven analysis, process control, production planning and scheduling
- Facilities planning and automations and smart buildings
- Project selection and initiation, planning, financing, scheduling and resource allocation, risk, communication, control, evaluation and termination
- Outsourcing, off-shoring and supply chain integration
Training materials are customized for seminar participants into the following activities:
1. Customization Request: agreeing with the advisor on the learning focus, course expectations, type of industry/company and assessment project.
2. Reading Assignment: understanding essential concepts (Knowledge transfer).
3. Case-study Assignment: management issues analysis (Learn by example).
4. Project Assignment: real-world best practices application (Knowledge creation).
5. Advisor Feedback: reviewing participants work and providing improvement advice (Development).
All content is endorsed by the Center for Leadership and Professional Development. It respects our standards of quality and are guaranteed to bring value and results to your knowledge and/or company.
Alan Wark, PhD
Dr. Alan Wark is a graduate of Appalachian State University (ASU). His areas of expertise include leadership, program management, and aviation project management. He has over 20 years of global consulting experience with government, military, and private enterprises. Dr. Alan is an Associate Professor of Business at the American University of Phnom Penh (AUPP). He previously served as a leadership consultant for US Congressional committees, foreign military aviation training centers, and private businesses in the USA, Asia, and the Middle East. Today he provides businesses and entrepreneurs assistance in successfully scaling their operations.
Want More Information?
Check our Course Outlines (PDF) here: Fundamentals of Operations Management CLPD Course Outline
You can also contact us at:
Phone: 023 990 023