Developing Employees course participants will gain the following significant benefits:
- Improved management skills by developing employees
- Understanding of coaching and developing employees
- How the customer’s needs address training and development requirements
- Identify each employee’s development needs and opportunities
The Developing Employees course is recommended for:
- Any manager wanting development on interactions with employees
- HR Essentials
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand and Apply the Fundamentals for Training and Development Programs
- Understanding Needs Analysis (SWOT) and EGG Models
- Be Able to Identify Company Development Needs
- Understand Processes for Individual Employee Development
- Fundamentals of development programs
- Coaching employees
- Immediate, medium and long-term development
- Ownership of development
- Flexibility of learning
- Virtual learning?
- How trust and loyalty affect development and learning
- Overview of different learning styles
- What is a SWOT and how do I do it?
- Understanding your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- How to lean on your strengths and develop your weaknesses
- What is the EGG Model and how do I do it?
- Understanding the needs of your customers
- How their needs address your training and developing gaps
- What basics does our company need to train on?
- Understanding what each employee needs to be successful at your organization.
- Job specific differences.
- Training for consistency of experience.
- The individual development plan (IDP)
- Revisiting goal setting and performance management
- Identifying development opportunities
- Assigning, tracking and evaluating development
Thomas J. Carnahan, PhD
Thomas is a Human Resources and Hospitality expert. He has 15 years of industry experience in the public and private sector working with government and service organizations; specifically the US Department of Defense, various public safety departments in the United States, a multitude of hotels/restaurants and globally with FedEx Express. His projects and research are mostly related to the employee life cycle (recruitment, selection and retention). He is the former Chief Science Officer of Nfoshare (an employee engagement company) and HR Business Strategist to the Vice President of Human Resources at FedEx Express. His work has received three Federal Department of Defense awards for excellence as well as a multitude of individual and team awards at FedEx Express.
Currently, Dr. Carnahan is a Professor of Business and Statistics at American University of Phnom Penh. His doctoral dissertation focused on developing a new statistic for determining interrater reliability for structured interviews and his master’s thesis focused on how participant self-selection is influenced by both the participants’ personality and the wording of the recruitment advertisement. He is originally from the United States but currently calls Phnom Penh home. If you take a class with Dr. Carnahan, be prepared to laugh; because, as a former stand-up comedian, he strongly believes that laughter is the best way to engage an audience!
Want More Information?
Check our Course Outlines (PDF) here: Developing Employees Course Outline
You can also contact us at:
Phone: 023 990 023