Hospitality Management course participants will gain the following significant benefits:
- Development and/or maintenance of a great reputation
- Confidence to deal with a wide range of customer-based situations
- Increased Customer Lifetime Value (CLV)
- Development of customers into company advocates
This Hospitality Management course is recommended for:
Employees and managers of retail and hospitality
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Know what drives hospitality (mission, vision, values, policies)
- Understand the difference between service and hospitality (behavioral)
- Transform the mindset from “steps of service” to hospitality
- Overview of specific situations and angry customers
- Strategies for working as a team
- Internal vs. External customers
What is customer service?
- Steps of service
- Positive first impression
- Identifying customer needs
- Meeting and exceeding needs
- Angry customers/conflict
- Other situations
Everyone has customers
- Internal vs external customers
- Everyone should be customer focused
Dates & Location
October 26 – 27, 2017 (1.5 days)
Individual enrollments: $350 per person
Early Individual enrollments: $315 per person
Thomas J. Carnahan, PhD
Thomas is a Human Resources and Hospitality expert. He has 15 years of industry experience in the public and private sector working with government and service organizations; specifically the US Department of Defense, various public safety departments in the United States, a multitude of hotels/restaurants and globally with FedEx Express. His projects and research are mostly related to the employee life cycle (recruitment, selection and retention). He is the former Chief Science Officer of Nfoshare (an employee engagement company) and HR Business Strategist to the Vice President of Human Resources at FedEx Express. His work has received three Federal Department of Defense awards for excellence as well as a multitude of individual and team awards at FedEx Express.
Currently, Dr. Carnahan is a Professor of Business and Statistics at American University of Phnom Penh. His doctoral dissertation focused on developing a new statistic for determining interrater reliability for structured interviews and his master’s thesis focused on how participant self-selection is influenced by both the participants’ personality and the wording of the recruitment advertisement. He is originally from the United States but currently calls Phnom Penh home. If you take a class with Dr. Carnahan, be prepared to laugh; because, as a former stand-up comedian, he strongly believes that laughter is the best way to engage an audience!
Want More Information?
Check our Course Outlines (PDF) here: Essentials of Customer Service CLPD Course Outline
You can also contact us at:
Phone: 023 990 023